Friday, May 6, 2011

My 100-ish List

Trying to pass time until Kyle gets here (6 HOURS!) So I am writing up my very own "bucket list", or all the things I want to get accomplished in my lifetime. I got the idea from the blog Living in Yellow, which is written by a woman from my hometown (Middlebury!). We even went to elementary school together (GO MIDDIES!) So thanks, Erin, for the idea! :)

I have started this type of list multiple times, on a variety of different papers/journals/diaries/websites/emails to myself, but they seemed to get lost, or I just forget about them. I think a blog is a good way to get it down in writing and I can keep adding to it as I think of new ideas.
So here it is...58 things (and counting!) on my LIFE LIST:
  1. Go to China
  2. Adopt a child
  3. Create life
  4. Start a non-profit
  5. Donate my hair to locks of love (AGAIN)
  6. Attend a golf tournament
  7. Attend all major tennis tournaments, U.S Open, Wimbledon, Australian Open (French Open: DONE!)
  8. Become fluent in Spanish
  9. Attend grad school
  10. See my abs
  11. Be a vegetarian (for some amount of time)
  12. Play tennis on a clay court
  13. Be on a reality show (AMAZING RACE!)
  14. Coach volleyball
  15. Host an exchange student(s)
  16. Go zip-lining
  17. ...and bungee jumping
  18. Visit New York
  19. Learn how to play the piano
  20. Learn how to quilt
  21. Get a masters in _______?
  22. Visit every continent (Asia and Antarctica to go...)
  23. Live in a big city
  24. Have a homecoming (return home after living somewhere else for a long period of time)
  25. Own a small coffee shop
  26. Work for TOMS Shoes
  27. Mentor a Child (Big brother/Sister)
  28. Go surfing...again.
  29. Attend the world cup or the olympics
  30. Go on a wine tasting tour in Cali
  31. Go to Canada
  32. Maintain a garden
  33. Take a dance class
  34. Finish a three year journal
  35. Run a 5k and a 10k
  36. Learn how to golf...well.
  37. If I ever want to quit a job that I hate, yell "I QUIT", Then walk out of the building :)
  38. Make a lot of money, but give it away!
  39. Thank all teachers that I have had throughout my life and thank them for teaching me.
  40. Do 100 (OR MORE) random acts of kindness
  41. Hot air balloon ride
  42. Plant a tree
  43. Get over my "dislike" of animals, and own a pet
  44. Go backpacking
  45. Plan someone's wedding
  46. ...plan my own wedding.
  47. Find a job I am passionate about
  48. Learn not to take things so personally
  49. Give blood, regularly
  50. Go on a trip with my parents and siblings (when we are all older and married and have kids!)
  51. Attend a Coldplay concert
  52. Go on a Safari
  53. See the pyramids
  54. Have a video featured on America's Funniest Home Videos (Not necessarily a video of me, but one that I submitted)
  55. Be able to pay for my child's education
  56. Go to the Super Bowl
  57. Keep a quote journal/wall
  58. Do a backflip!
So there you have it! :) Maybe this will inspire you to make your own life list! Let me know what is on your list...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Mine is about to get 120% better :)

"Life isn't about the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away" --Quoted in the movie "Hitch"

Happy Mother's day to my WONDERFUL momma. I love you :)

LO
VE

1 comment:

  1. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete