Friday, April 22, 2011

Sunday Lovin': Easter Edition

Sunday Lovin' is back! Only one more Sunday left after this....crazy, right?!
Life has been great here. This week was Semana Santa so we had Thursday and Friday off work. This mean a lot of sleeping in and completely relaxing. Loved every second of it. Currently, I am wrapping stuff up at work, getting ready to pass on my vast knowledge of SAE event coordinating :), looking forward to my trip to Machu Picchu, and looking for a job for when I return home! Fun times all around!

Here's some Lovin'...

1.) Easter Dinner: I am sad to be missing out on Easter dinner with the family. But I did get to eat Subway for lunch today and it was terrific. It even had pickles on it which I have been craving. Perfect :) And while I definitely missed the company of my family being together, I did get to skype with the entire family while they were together at my parent's house. It sure sounded like a party! And it was so great to see everyone.

2.) TGIFridays: For the pat 4 days I have been on vacation from work. It's Semana Santa (Holy week), after all! So I had a lot of down time, did some reading, went to a museum and saw a movie. One of my faves was going to TGIFridays with the two lovely ladies that I am living with. We rarely cross paths now that they are back in school and I am interning, so it was nice just to get out of the house together and catch up and eat some good food. (I feel like a lot of my sunday lovin's are about food...ha, sorry!) I have been truly blessed to live in a house with two wonderful women and an awesome host dad. I will miss them all dearly when I return home.

4.) The quietness of Easter break: Easter break means get out of town! Lima was eerily quiet this weekend, and I loved it. Although, the lack of transportation was a bit of a downer sometimes, seeing the city in such a tranquil light was pretty awesome.

5.) Countdown: Now, countdowns aren't always the greatest things. Sometimes they can make it seem like time in just dragging along. But I am SO excited for my trip to Machu Picchu (see facts about Machu Picchu on this website: here) and to see my boyfriend (Sorry, no website about him...) that I have a countdown on my computer. Yay only 1 week and 6 days!! Also, it seems that my family is also looking forward to seeing me again. One particular member of my family, Sarah Bontrager, even said, "This countdown is more exciting than the Royal Wedding, in...? How many days? Who cares...Allis' coming home!" :) Thanks for the love, family! You rock. Can't wait to see you all again, too.

6.) Modern Family: I looooooove this show (Thank you, Rachel Yoder). It is Hi-larious. And totally makes me laugh. I am all caught up on the most recent season, but I am now starting to go through season 1. So stinkin' funny. Each character/family has their own quirks and it just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh....You should really check it out sometime!

...And lastly, I was quiz master (Watch out, Kirk Stiffney!) for our Trivia Night of Wednesday so I'll leave you with a few sample questions. Answers to come later....

1.) Which country's flag has the most colors?
2.) Who won the 2010 soccer world cup?
3.) Fact or fiction (Myth Buster's style!): A penny dropped from the top of Empire State Building would kill someone on the ground below.
4.) Fact or fiction: You are more likely to be struck by lightening than to be bitten by a shark.
5.) Which is the only bird that can fly backwards?

Alright, Thanks for reading along!
Happy Easter. Hope you had a blessed time hanging out and eating with family and friends.

"He is not here, he has risen....” --Matthew 28:6

LO
VE

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure gonna miss your Sunday-lovin! Thanks for skyping with us today in the midst of happy chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Its so great to go on a blog of someone that travels. I would like to go to Italy. Have you ever been there? You can come check out my blogif you want. I followed you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out. I just caught up reading the blog... :) Can't wait to see you soon. It will be the best when you move back in again. :)

    ReplyDelete