Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Lovin': Volume 6

Oh Hey! It's time for Sunday Lovin'. I'm having a little bit of writers block today and not sure exactly what I am loving this week. But don't get me wrong, I am still having a great time! I love a lot of things about Peru and about my experience here, but right now I am having trouble writing this post....So bear with me :) Here goes nothing!

1.) Delivery of everything: As I write this, me and the girls are sitting in the living room waiting for our lunch to be delivered to the house. Now this isn't Pizza or anything you would expect to be delivered. It's BEMBOS! The McDonald's of Peru. They deliver fast food here. What?? KFC has delivery, as well as all the other Pizza places. McDonald's also delivers to your house. Wow! Pharmacies are another place that will deliver your purchase to your house. Just a phone call away. Anything you want! :)

2.) The Sun: Soaking up some Vitamin D makes me happy. I love it.

3.) Family: My family that I am apart of here, is so great! It's so cool to feel like you are apart of a family who you aren't even related to. They have been so welcoming, hospitable, and kind to me. Also, my family in the states (currently, in Florida for spring break) are AWESOME. I love catching up with them and I miss them everyday. We have a skype date tonight, so they can make me jealous that they are all in Florida together...Boo for that. But yay for being "together" on skype! :)

4.) Monster Cookies: Who knew that the recipe makes about 300 cookies? Holy cow. We made the dough last weekend and we are still working our way through it. But they are SO tasty. I will post pictures soon of the little cookie adventure we had.

5.) Busy-ness: I'll admit it. I like being busy...most of the time. I remember writing a blog post on SST in Nicaragua where I was struggling to find things to do at my service placement as well as outside of work. I WAS BORED! I don't like being bored! I am very thankful that I am staying busy here. Spanish class, social life, work, events, working out...It keeps me going, and excited about each week. I am also realizing that I am meeting so many of the goals that I set for myself in coming here. That is a GREAT feeling.

6.) Boyfriend: I love Kyle Stiffney. That's all :)

That's all I have for this week's Sunday Lovin'. Below are the answers I promised for the trivia questions. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

P.S. I'm pretty sure this blog is following my lead about loving Sundays. They sum it up pretty well.

Love the life you live
Live the life you love ♥
--Bob Marley

LO
VE

Trivia Answers:

1.) Super Glue
2.) Breathing
3.) Sri Lanka or India
4.) Because in Spanish Colgate (prounced: col-ga-tay) means "to hang yourself"
5.) Wimbledon Tennis (Men's and Women's Tournament)

Did you pass??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment