Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sunday Lovin': The Finale

This is the last Sunday Lovin'! Can you believe it?! I can't. I will be in Peru next Sunday, but I will be on my way to the lovely city of Cusco and just won't have the time to write on the blog. But if I DID write a Sunday Lovin' next week I'm pretty sure it would go something like this...

1.) I love that my boyfriend is here
2.) I love that I am going to Machu Picchu
3.) I love that I am going home to see my family and friends
and
4.) I love that I am sad to leave here. It means I have had such great experiences and have built many wonderful relationships.

So that gives you an idea of what it MIGHT look like next week. But this week, I am loving...
  • Event Success: I am so thankful for the success I have had at SAE. Our event attendance has increased immensely and this means more profit, which is great for our little NGO! I am so happy to be a part of this success. I have learned so many great skills and developed many important characteristics through my internship. It has been such a lovely experience and I have been so blessed.
  • My 365-day Journal: I am not big on keeping up with a journal, so it seems kind of weird for me to keep a blog, huh? But anyway, I have found one way to write down my thoughts and activities and that is thanks to my 365-day journal. Each day, I write down 3-4 sentences about my activities, what I'm feeling etc..And then on that same day next year, I will write another 3-4 sentences on the same page and I can look back at where I was exactly one year ago. I love the idea, so I'm hoping to be able to keep up with it!
  • Dinner with Hannah: Last night Hannah Groff and I had dinner at Astrid y Gaston. It was recently named to a list of the top 50 restaurants in the world. And we ate there. Crazy!! The food was delicious, but the company was even better! :) Some of the highlights include:
  1. Hannah, talking about the interior of the restaurant, states, "This kind of makes me think we are in Wisconsin" Which I say, "Really?? I've never really been there. Have you ever been to Wisconsin" and she says, "No."
  2. Me, embarrassingly, in a totally relaxed position, placing my arm across the top of my head and Hannah asking what I was doing. Mortified, I quickly put my arm back in my lap and hoped that no one else saw me. How embarrassing. Hannah had a good, long laughing fit about the situation.
  3. The free bread and appetizers! Yum.
  4. The delicious food and pisco sours
  5. Not realizing that the little desserts they set on the table weren't free. We eat all of them, and then it shows up on the final check. How could they do that to us?
  6. Our "interesting" waiter. I only wish we would have been able to hear him...
  7. Hours of great conversation with a GREAT friend.
Hannah, I am so glad we got to experience Lima at the same time! :) It's been a wonderful experience. THANKS!
  • The Royal Wedding: I definitely woke up for the wedding at 4 AM and then watched multiple replays that evening. Ha. Obsessed? Maybe...
  • Spanish Class: I said good-bye to my wonderful Spanish teacher this week. I had an awesome time studying Spanish with her and learned so much. Hopefully, the learning will continue when I return to Los Estados Unidos.

So that's what I am loving as I enter my final 2 weeks in Peru. This whole experience has been amazing and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to travel and learn and explore our wonderful world! I am sure I will be blogging some more in the coming days to help the days go faster! Hasta pronto, Kyle! :)

Pub Quiz Answers:
1.) South Africa
2.) Spain
3.) Fiction. With wind resistance and the shape of the penny, the penny would barely break the skin of a person walking below.

4.) Fact. According the National Weather Service the odds of being struck by lightning are 1 in 700,000. The odds of being attacked by the shark are 1 in 8 million.

5.) The Hummingbird

Shout out to Goshen's class of 2011 who are graduating today. Definitely wish I could be there to celebrate with you! I will be listening to via 91.1 The Globe. You guys did it!! Enjoy the celebrations.

Quoted in the sermon of the royal wedding (and my new favorite quote):
"Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire"

--St. Catherine of Siena


LO
VE

2 comments:

  1. Love that you're coming home soon...but really LOVE that you had a GREAT experience in Lima, Peru! What an amazing experience you have had and something you can look back on for the rest of your life! Good life lessons!

    ReplyDelete