Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm Moving On

Welp, it's time to blog about something other than things that are frustrating me. Such as my commute and my iPod getting stolen and the fact that I want to go back in time, run off the bus, grab the man who stole my iPod, throw him to the ground by the collar of his shirt, and take my iPod back! Ugh. Yes, I am still upset and get a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about all the things I could have done differently, but it's time to move on. Nothing can be done about it now. So I'll move forward and be thankful that it was only my iPod and I didn't get beat up in the process. Whew.

So, I'm blogging at half time of the Butler/Wisconsin game. Watching online has been a little sketchy, but CBS sports is doing great at keeping the stats and scores up to date. Have you seen the "Boss Button" on the CBSsports march madness video player. It's hilarious! You should check it out even if you are watching March Madness on a TV. Go. Now. Do it! Anyway, it's a Great game so far, hoping for a win for Butler. Go Dawgs!

So here's a few things that have been going on with me recently:

  • At work, I am working on a internship manual for incoming interns. Basically outlining all that interns do and then specifically what the event intern does, step-by-step. That is going well so far. I am hoping that I will be having a meeting with headquarters soon to discuss my Facebook proposal that I wrote a few weeks ago. I am hoping they like my ideas and I can move forward with the project. We'll see how that shapes up the coming weeks. But it's definitely becoming a reality that my time at SAE is short so I am trying to get stuff planned and in order so that transition to the next intern (or lack of intern) is smooth as possible.

  • Personally, I am trying to tie up all the loose ends of Kyle and I's trip to Machu Picchu in May. Buying tickets and paying for the trip package from Peru for Less...I am ready to just be done so I know that everything is booked and good to go. Hopefully, by next week it will be done! Thanks to the best travel advisor ever, Hannah Groff. If you are looking to book a trip anywhere in South America Hannah Groff is your girl! Just look up Peru for Less and request Hannah. She rocks! :)

  • My one-on-one Spanish classes are going REALLY well. I am learning a lot and trying really hard not to be lazy with my Spanish. It is taking a lot of energy, but I am glad I am learning all the rules of the language. It feels good! I am picking up on a lot more and expect to learn tons more over the next 4 weeks. My teacher is so funny and nice we always end up just conversing (with her correcting me along the way) this has been an excellent way for me to learn. However, we also follow along in a book and I am learning (mostly re-learning) verb conjugations, past, present, future verbs, pronouns, how to use por and para, and my least favorite IRREGULAR VERBS...the list goes on and on.

  • I am definitely looking forward to the weekend. This week was one that seemed to go extremely slow. The first week to seem like that. So this makes me way more excited for the weekend. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I LOVE YOU, TOMORROW!

  • I am thinking about making cookies, probably monster ones, this weekend. That's exciting!

Alright, back to the game.
Sunday Lovin' will be coming your way this weekend.

"Don't let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can do."
--John Wooden


LO
VE

No comments:

Post a Comment