Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Lovin'

Just another relaxing Sunday in the Barta household. Probably going to eat some food, do some reading, and catch some rays. Pretty perfect Sunday if you ask me! Want to know what I have been loving recently? Read on...

1.) Twin Finder: Something I always catch myself doing is finding twins. I am the ULTIMATE twin finder. Now I don't mean two people standing together that are brothers or sisters. I am talking about people who I am friends with from home who I "think" I see everywhere. Someone walks by and I say, "Oh my word, that looks like Jocelyn" or "That girl has the exact same eyes as Liz Naf" or "I didn't know Luke and Brittany were down here surfing?!" or "That taxi driver looks like my dad" I see all of you everywhere. If you are reading this I have probably found your peruvian twin. I need to start taking pictures of these things...but most people just think I am crazy when I show them their twin that I found so it's probably not worth it :) Just know that I am probably thinking of you when I see your twin. Nice, right?!
Oh I did find one twin from Goshen College and I insisted we take a picture together....Meet Hannah Groff's twin :)

Just kidding, of course. That's the 100% original Hannah!
(Photo cred: Groff)


2.) March Madness: The Madness has begun and the madness bug made it all the way down to Peru to bite me! Ouch.This is the first year that I haven't filled out a bracket since probably freshmen year of high school. A little bummed about that! It's a little harder to find games on TV down here so mostly I have been watching all the biggest shots and craziest endings of games online. So I get all the good stuff without the whole game. Which is okay with me, because between Spanish classes and working it would be tough to sit through a whole game. I am hoping to go to the Corner Sports Bar and Grille, which is a huge expat hangout, to watch the championship game. But only If I can find friends to go with me. I'm not one to just walk into a bar all by myself. ha. After watching Butler's last two games I would love to see them back in the championship game. Go dawgs!

3.) Conversations on the combi: My commute back home every night has been getting kind of old. I do it everyday so after a while there is nothing new to look at from the window and nothing new to hold my attention. So I turn my ipod on and listen to music the whole way home. But recently, I have been meeting some nice people on the bus. I my way home on Friday There was a family sitting across from me. A mom, dad, and little boy and girl. The boy kept saying "Hola!" and then hiding his face. So after a few times, I said "Hola" back and asked what his name was. We ended up talking for the rest of the way home and his older sister even practiced her English with me. It was too cute! And made the commute go much faster. It always makes the city feel a little smaller, too, which is always a nice change.

4.) Drinkable yogurt: People who had been in Peru for their SST told me that I would fall in love with the yogurt here. I have! It is so delicious. It's like go-gurt I guess? But way better! Sometimes I even put some in a cup and freeze it for a frozen yogurt treat. My fave flavor right now is fresa (strawberry).

5.) Silly YouTube vidoes: Sometimes you just need a good laugh. And these are some youtube videos that NEVER fail to put a smile on my face.
Neature walk
Aicha
Kittens

That's all for this week! :) What are you loving this week? Post a comment and let me know.
Chau.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." –Dr. Seuss

LO
VE

No comments:

Post a Comment