Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Time...it flies

These days time really does seem to fly by. I've heard as you get older time just zooms right on by. And while I am quite OLD :) I think that my time perspective has been skewed by living in my "event planning" world. Instead of living day-by-day I am living months in advance! I have all my events planned for the month of April and I am starting to contact people for the month of May. Mentally, I am already in May...Physically, not so much. I think THIS is what makes my time here in Lima feel like it is going so fast. Which isn't necessarily good or bad. Because I do miss things from home, but am loving life here in the city.

I do miss a lot of things from home. Actually, I shouldn't say things because honestly anything I wanted I could basically get here in Lima. I mean...I pass 5 Starbucks on my way to work every morning--And I stop at 3 of them everyday. Just kidding! But what I really miss is the people. My family and friends and my boyfriend. Some days it is hard being away from home and the people you love the most. But it's also comforting to know that they all are just a phone call or a Skype chat away. And I have people here who love and care for me like they're my family. It's an amazing feeling. And honestly, 3 months is such a short time in perspective. And I will be home before you (or I!) know it

This summer I am looking forward to attending 8 weddings. Yes that number is accurate...8! Crazy. I am also looking forward to finding a job. A real job. That pays money :) I get excited thinking about future jobs and careers. I have never really had to do a full out job search...so we'll see how I feel after applying to 100 different places. ha. I'm sure it's not as fun as it sounds, but I am excited! I am ready to spend weekends at BBQs, hang out with family and friends, go on dates with my boyfriend, play some volleyball and go from summertime in Lima to summertime in Goshen! It's looking like a bright future, people!!

Anyway, that's enough rambling for one night! I have a LOT of Spanish homework to finish and a Skype date with someone special. But I hope you all are having a stellar week! It's almost FRIDAY! Speaking of...if you want to hear a TERRIBLE song about Friday watch this youtube video and listen to the awful lyrics and the terrible auto-tune of her voice...if you can make it through the whole song I will be impressed. Ha. Rebecca Black--Friday. Hurts my ears!

This is a bakery we saw in Guancayo named Kevin! :) Had to get a picture for the lil' bro.


Mucho amor.

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."
--Henry Van Dyke

LO
VE

No comments:

Post a Comment