Friday, February 11, 2011

New Development...

I'm going to a beach house for the weekend! :)

So I'll be back to writing next week. I'm sure I'll have lots of stories. But for now I'll leave you with this one:

Because we were going to the beach I wanted to shave my legs, however, I did not bring shaving cream to Peru and thought maybe I could buy some down here. So I asked Millie (my host sister) this..."ustedes usan sopa para afeitarse tu piernas?" I wanted to ask Do you use soap to shave your legs? However..."sopa" is not soap. It's SOUP! So I really asked "Do you guys use SOUP to shave your legs?" Great! So we all had a good laugh about that. And no, they didn't have any soap for me. I did shave my legs though :)

Cheers to the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Little secret ... I never pack shave gel anymore. I use conditioner or the little trial hand lotions in motel rooms. Actually I think I like it better! AND - I'm glad you didn't use soup to shave your glads, and I'm even more glad you are spending the weekend at the beach! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even sure how it might be to shave your "glads"! Not even sure how that got there ... but you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli, i just read all the updates in one sitting and loved them all. I'm glad things are going well so far and I hope you have a killer time at the beach... soak up some sun for me. it's still freezing here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Alli...sounds like you have been busy...Just remember, be safe...Thanks for all the updates, keep them coming. We Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're having an amazing time...stay safe! Love you!

    ReplyDelete