Saturday, February 19, 2011

These days are flying,..

This past week went SO fast. Things seem to fly by when you are in another country, I guess! I am diving head first into the events and event planning part of my internship. So far I am really enjoying this. This week will the the first week I actually will lead an event and then next week I will see an event from the beginning (the idea, contact, advertising, and introducing/moderating the event). I am really enjoying it, although it's a lot of pressure sometimes. Some events that we have coming up include: Starting a business in Peru, a BBQ, Election Forum, an Eco-tourism informational event, and another trivia night at an Irish pub and many more to come. Have any great ideas or suggestions, let me know! :)

The social media part of my internship is moving a bit slower. There are already some established Facebook pages for the other clubhouses in other cities, but some haven't been updated for a few years and some are not complete and so it will take some time to decide what the best approach is to streamline the various Facebook pages. Right now we are trying to figure out if it's better to have 1 page for all the club houses or to have individual pages. I have my opinion, but obviously there are a lot of other people involved in this decision...so soon enough we'll figure it out and move forward!

In another news, I signed up for some spanish classes. Because of my work and commute schedule, the only way I could fit in the class was to do a 1-on-1 class. So it will be me and my teacher after work. Hopefully it will be starting next week if I receive my registration confirmation. Classes will be 3 days a week for about an hour. I am excited and ready to improve mi espanol...

This weekend has also been great so far. No beach house, but plenty of sun! Last night we went to Barranco where we heard a really awesome band in a pretty sweet venue. I really enjoyed it. Today I've been reading outside in the sun, watching TV, and just relaxing...not at work. Don't get me wrong I love my work, but weekends are weekends, no matter what country you are in.

Last night, me and another intern went to a park in Lima that has awesome fountain and light shows. I didn't have my camera with me, but I am sure I will be going back there sometime. It was pretty awesome. Here's a picture from google.com so you can get an idea of what I saw...



That's all I have for now :) I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. I took pictures of my apartment the other day so hoping to post a blog of an apartment tour soon.

LO
VE

No comments:

Post a Comment