Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Lovin'

Sundays are one of my favorite days of the week. And this doesn't really change when I am in another country. Today we went to church, went to the mall for a delicious lunch, and now we are home for a relaxing afternoon of TV and internet and whatever else we want to do. You really can't beat a relaxing Sunday!


So in honor of the greatness that is SUNDAY I decided I want to start a regular blog post called Sunday Lovin'. This post will happen every sunday and will feature a few things that I love about Peru. Some may be general and others may be specific events that happened or didn't happen :) So cheers to the first edition of Sunday Lovin' .

1. Inca Cola: A guilty pleasure. It's like their coca-cola here. And If I understand it right, it seems that coca-cola has actually bought them out. It's a yellow pop that taste a lot like cream soda. It's everywhere! I love it and try to only drink it every once in a while...because it's pop. Here's a picture from the beach weekend when we had Incacola with ceviche. Now that was one very peruvian meal. YUM!



2. Jack Johnson and Coldplay: They seem to love these two musical groups here. And I LOVE IT! I am a huge fan of both of them and I seem to hear their songs everywhere, in restaurants, at the mall, on the radio. It's great! It makes me fall even more in love with these groups, because it's perfect summer music...Which I am in the middle of by the way. NO SNOW! Something else I am definitely loving :)

3. Hannah Groff: I love that I am here with a great friend who I can see from time to time. Last night I went out with Hannah for some ice cream/dinner. We met half way between our houses at huge mall (Jockey Plaza). It was so great to catch up and chat about our lives here in Peru. It's nice to know that we are independent of each other, but that we can always just call each other up and set-up a little american date :) I am also loving that I get to see what a lot of my Goshen friends have experienced through their time here on SST.
Peru SST graduates, If any of you have suggestions for what I MUST do or see please write me. (P.S. Dove Vai in Miraflores closed....bummer, dude.)


Until next week, hope you are loving your Sunday, too :)

Chau

LO
VE

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving Sunday too! My big cozy bed on a cold & icy day ... can't get much better than that! Well, maybe somewhere south of here where it's 80+ with my lovely daughter would be better, but I'm stuck here for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' Sunday...just not the weather! Miss you & glad you're lovin' Peru!

    ReplyDelete