Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Lovin'

It's time for some Sunday lovin'. Once again I find myself loving the weekend. After work on Friday I went out with some co-workers just to unwind and hang out in Miraflores. I had to leave a little early to go to the Goshen College party, but that was fine! Saturday night we went to Las Brisas de Titicacas. Which was a dinner and show. It was awesome. A lot of traditional dancing, live music, drinks and food. It started at 10pm and went until 3am. I am very tired today :) After I post this, I am going to take a quick nap. Then we're going to the beach to surf (Whhhaaat???! We'll see how that goes!) and then we'll be watching the Oscars tonight. I love weekends!

Now...onto a few things that I am lovin' right now:

Sunday Lovin': Chapter 2.

1.) Watching the people who sell tickets on buses: They get to yell out the windows. Boss people around. Take people's money...and the best part is they get to jump onto a moving bus. So cool :) I could be entertained for hours. Good thing I find this entertaining because I am on the bus for 1 hour, mas o menos.

2.) The sun: I am seriously loving the sun. And the sun must be loving me because I am turning a little red. Thanks, Mom, for sending me sunscreen soon :)

3.) Jillian Michael's Workout DVDs: This has been a great connecting point for my host sister and I. We started doing Jillian's 30 days shred. It's an intense 30 minute, cardio/strength work out and we are loving it (most of the time). We have been working out in the evenings, but starting this week it will have to be BEFORE work because of upcoming work events and Spanish classes. We're hoping to stick with it for the full 30 days...and beyond.

4.) Skype: this is one of the best inventions ever. Seriously. Communicating with people at home, face-to-face. You just can't beat it. It makes me feel that much closer to home, which can be a good thing! Thank-you, skype!

5.) My job: I could talk for hours about how great my job has been so far. But I have really enjoyed learning about the organization and learning more about Peru through the work I am doing. It has been such a good fit for me--with my coworkers and my responsibilities--I am so thankful for this. I just finished up my second full week of work and I had a "two week review". I guess they could have fired me during that two weeks, who knew?! ha. But it went really well and I got a lot of good feedback so I am excited to keep learning and planning and contributing to the organization.

That's all for now. Go forth and LOVE your Sunday...you still have time :)
Chau

LO
VE

No comments:

Post a Comment