Monday, February 14, 2011

A perfect weekend

So this past weekend was awesome. It included 3 of my favorite things: Volleyball, comida (food) and the beach! I loved every second of it. Even the Spanish that I struggled to speak...it made me very tired, but it was great practice. I was thankful for all the Spanish I learned, but also was thankful that Millie and all of her friends speak English very well. So when I was struggling they were there to help :) Speaking on that topic, I am currently researching Spanish classes around the area (there are lots!) to find one that seems like a good fit for me. I realized that I have not taken a formal Spanish class since Nicaragua and this means I have forgotten almost all rules and mostly just have word vomit when it comes to speaking in Spanish. Not good.

But my weekend at the beach...The food was great, the company was fun, the sun was hot, and the volleyball was awesome. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.


Some of the lovely ladies and I


Millie and I eating popsicles on the beach! Mango for me :) Deliciosa


The beach house we stayed in. Gracias Dyego!


Eating dinner on the porch, with an awesome view out into the ocean. Me gusta!


Ceviche for dinner. They told me this was the best kind that I would eat. I wouldn't be surprised because it was so so good!



A great end to a great weekend

The weekend made me think a lot about my friends back home. It reminded me of all of us being together throughout college at the lake house or just hanging out at home house, valesco, Kulp, the apartments or wherever we found ourselves. So to my friends, wherever you are...I miss you and I hold all the memories I have with each of you very close to my heart. I think of you often and hope that life is GREAT where you are!

And to my new friends here in Peru, thanks for including me in your circle of friends. I appreciate it and had a great weekend! Thank-you!!

Happy Valentine's Day to all.

Chau (good-bye in peruvian spanish!)

LO
VE

1 comment:

  1. Just got a little teary-eyed looking at the pictures! But they are tears of happiness for you and all the neat experiences you are having. Maybe a few tears of relief, because that picture of you & Millie somehow "speaks" of her love and care for you, and I know you are in good hands! I keep humming the song from Sesame Street about "one of these is not like the other ..." :) You are SO blonde!!! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete