Saturday, February 26, 2011

Where did the week go?

.....seriously??? This week went so fast! I can't believe it's already Saturday. And this is why i have no time to blog. My days get filled up and then the weeks fly by. It's just crazy! On Sunday, I will have been here for 3 weeks. Wow.

A few things that happened this week include: My first event (success!!), some great new event leads (yes!!), I got confirmation that I am officially in spanish lessons starting next week (much needed!!), went to the Goshen SST farwell party (fun, but made me miss doing SST!!), ate some great fruit (yum!!), and successfully navigated my way home each evening after work (Awesome!!).

Today we walked around downtown for a while and "saw the sites" and tonight we are going to a festival to eat and watch some traditional dancing. Weekends are the best! I even got some sun today...always a good thing :) I realized today that I get TWO summers in a row. I will leave Lima just as the grey fog starts to roll in and I will get home just in time for May flowers :) How cool is that??! I'm not complaining!

I have taken a few pictures over the past weeks, so I will let those tell the rest of the story! Enjoy!

My room the day after I arrived. Exploding suitcase and all :) A bed and a welcome home balloon is all you need to make this girl smile.


The various floors of our apartment building. If you remember my story from about 2 weeks ago, I was sitting on one of these floors waiting for someone to let me in when I got locked out of the apartment :)

The South American Explorers clubhouse/building

Inside SAE. I sit at that desk and welcome members from time to time. I like that part of my job.

At larcomar with Millie

The next Hawkins Water Tech. advertisment?? It says "Water is life, take care of it"

When I ordered my drink at Starbucks they asked how to spell my name. I spelled it wrong getting my E and I confused. So he wrote out all the letters and told me how to say each of them. Thank-you, Barista man! :)

Surfboards by the beach. Maybe I will get to fulfill a dream of mine while I am here? Surf lessons!!

Bustling Miraflores

Lunch with a beach view. Perfection!

Ahhh the beach!

That's all I have for now! :) I will be posting more pictures of where I am living soon. It is a great place to live. Although far away from work (about 1 hour and 30 minute commute), it's a good trade off for the quietness of the suburb away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

I am happy. healthy. and loving life. I hope each of you are, too.
Happy weekend. And don't forget...Sunday Lovin' will be posted tomorrow!
Chau

LO
VE

1 comment:

  1. Fun to see the pictures. I'm guessing your room still looks like that? :) I laughed at the water tower and starbucks ...
    The Clubhouse looks cool inside & out!

    ReplyDelete